The servicer must not replace existing MI policies with policies from a different mortgage insurer or with different policies from the same mortgage insurer, unless the circumstances of the borrower, the property, or the mortgage loan have changed in a way that warrants a change in the MI coverage. See Approved Mortgage Insurers and Related Identifiers for the list of acceptable conventional mortgage insurers and the associated MI codes. Fannie Mae will advise the servicer in the case where the servicer would otherwise seek to replace a MI policy where the existing mortgage insurer stops issuing renewal policies or when Fannie Mae removes an insurer from its list of approved mortgage insurers.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log