Mortgage loan assignments must be prepared and recorded, if required, in accordance with Preparing Mortgage Loan Assignments in A2-7-03, Post-Delivery Servicing Transfers.
Any required assignment that is submitted to the document custodian(s) must be identified by the applicable Fannie Mae loan number and submitted under cover of a transmittal letter that includes the following information:
- the name of the transferor servicer;
- the name of the transferee servicer;
- the number of mortgage loans included in the transfer, as well as the number of mortgage loans for which recordable (but unrecorded) assignments to Fannie Mae have been executed;
- the transfer date; and
- a trial balance of the transferred mortgage loans, which identifies the mortgage loans for which assignments to Fannie Mae are being provided (or, if only a few mortgage loans are being transferred, a list of the transferred mortgage loans for which assignments are being provided).
For instructions on preparing mortgage loan assignments based on each of the following scenarios below, see Preparing Mortgage Loan Assignments in F-1-11: Post Delivery Servicing Transfers.
- Fannie Mae is the Mortgagee of Record
- Fannie Mae is Not the Mortgagee of Record and the Mortgage Loan is Not Registered with MERS
- Fannie Mae is Not the Mortgagee of Record and the Mortgage Loan is Registered with MERS
For more information please see Servicing Guide F-1-11, Post-Delivery Servicing Transfers.