The servicer must contact the law firm within one business day after it learns of a bankruptcy filing in connection with a mortgage loan that has already been referred to a law firm for foreclosure. See Required Referral Timelines for Mortgage Loans Previously Referred for Foreclosure in E-1.2-01, Timing of the Bankruptcy Referral for additional requirements.
The Servicing Guide is organized into parts that reflect how lenders generally categorize various aspects of their business relationship with Fannie Mae. To begin browsing, select from any of the sections below. You may also download the entire Servicing Guide in PDF format.Download PDF
Hint: Ask in a form of a question.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log