In the event the servicer is notified of a cross-border insolvency proceeding under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code, the servicer must contact Fannie Mae’s Legal department (see F-4-03, List of Contacts) to obtain specific instructions about how such a filing should be reported to Fannie Mae, and to discuss the handling of the matter, including legal fees and costs.
The Servicing Guide is organized into parts that reflect how lenders generally categorize various aspects of their business relationship with Fannie Mae. To begin browsing, select from any of the sections below. You may also download the entire Servicing Guide in PDF format.Download PDF
Hint: Ask in a form of a question.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log