When it appears that a fractional interest in a property has been conveyed and a petition for bankruptcy filed solely for the purpose of delaying foreclosure proceedings, the servicer must ensure the law firm prepares a Motion for Relief from Automatic Stay pursuant to Section 362(d)(4), if appropriate. Any orders obtained must be immediately recorded in compliance with applicable state laws governing notices or interests or liens in real property so they will be binding in future cases involving the same property for a two-year period.
The Servicing Guide is organized into parts that reflect how lenders generally categorize various aspects of their business relationship with Fannie Mae. To begin browsing, select from any of the sections below. You may also download the entire Servicing Guide in PDF format.Download PDF
Hint: Ask in a form of a question.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log