Rule 14 of the MERS System Rules of Membership imposes notification requirements concerning “Legal Filings” that raise certain MERS-related challenges. The servicer is responsible for ensuring any notification required under MERS Rule 14 is provided to MERSCORP Holdings, Inc., and also immediately to Fannie Mae’s Single Family Legal department (see F-4-03, List of Contacts).
For more information please see: E-1.3-03: Reporting “Legal Filings” to MERS.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log