Rule 14 of the MERS System Rules of Membership imposes notification requirements concerning “Legal Filings” that raise certain MERS-related challenges. The servicer is responsible for ensuring any notification required under MERS Rule 14 is provided to MERSCORP Holdings, Inc., and also immediately to Fannie Mae’s Single Family Legal department (see F-4-03, List of Contacts).
The Servicing Guide is organized into parts that reflect how lenders generally categorize various aspects of their business relationship with Fannie Mae. To begin browsing, select from any of the sections below. You may also download the entire Servicing Guide in PDF format.Download PDF
Hint: Ask in a form of a question.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log