SMDU UI Features that Aid with Data Entry
Screen Header: The search bar appears at the top of each SMDU UI screen. You can search using the “Servicer Loan Number” or “Investor Loan Number”.
Autosave: Data is saved as it is entered by the user, if the data entry is in the correct format for the applicable field.
Data Field Format Validation: Validates date and dollar field entry format. In the example below, a dollar amount was entered instead of MM/DD/YYYY format and a yellow pop-up appears stating the format is invalid.
Hover Text: Roll your cursor over the name of the data field to reveal a description and/or important information, as shown in the example below.
Note: Some data fields don’t warrant a definition and only contain a reference identification number (Ref ID). This Ref ID is used by the Fannie Mae support teams.
Resources: Find links to helpful resources, such as user guides and the SMDU portal. Access this Resources section by clicking on the person icon, as shown in the example below.
Note: Click on the “SMDU UI Payment Deferral Options User Guide” link to access theCOVID-19 Payment Deferral Quick Reference Guide for SMDU UI.
Additional Information Icon: Click on the icon to reveal more details and/or important instructions over and above what the hover text provides, as shown in the example below.
- Note: Clink on the icon to collapse the details
Read-Only Fields: Denoted by a lock symbol, per the example below. These data fields are automatically populated in the SMDU UI from a variety of Fannie Mae sources.
Prior workout records previously reported to Fannie Mae and property valuation information (when available) is updated every time a user searches for a loan or opens the loan on the Loss Mit Loan Manager page. This data is automatically populated in the SMDU UI from a variety of Fannie Mae sources.
- Note: Property valuation information (Property Valuation Date and Property "As Is" Value) will not be updated when this information is provided by the servicer and one of the following Property Valuation Types are selected: AVM (Servicer Provided), Interior Broker Opinion/BPO, Interior Appraisal, Exterior Opinion/BPO, or Exterior Appraisal.
Validation Error Message: SMDU UI data errors (e.g. data missing) are displayed in two different ways:
A red error message(s) will appear at the top of the page identifying the respective data category and data field that requires attention. In the screen shot below, the message informs the user to address the error in the “Monthly Principal & Interest” data field, which resides with the Loan & Origination section of the left-hand navigation. All validation errors must be cleared before SMDU can successfully evaluate the loan. A scroll bar will appear if there are numerous messages. Use the scroll bar to reveal the additional messages. As you close out each validation error select, DISMISS.
There will also be a red V symbol next to thepage onthe left-hand navigation that contains an error. After you click into the respective page the data element(s) that requires attention will be outlined in red. In the example below, the red symbol directs you to the Loan & Origination section and data errors for the “Monthly Principal & Interest” and “Monthly Real Estate Taxes” fields.
Evaluation Messaging: The SMDU UI returns the following message types:
- Failed message (under the red banner bar) indicates the reason(s) the loan was Ineligible for a specific workout.
- Unable to Evaluate message (under the orange banner bar) indicates the reason(s) SMDU was unable to evaluate the loan. Review the message(s) and update the information before resubmitting to SMDU.
- Passed message (under the green banner bar) indicates the eligibility rules were met as well as a variety of informative messages.
SMDU Unique Identifier: When a successful trial (and final) submission is made to SMDU a 32-character “unique identifier” is generated specific to that transaction and displayed on the results page and in the Evaluation History. SMDU uses the respective unique identifier to retrieve the results from a specific SMDU UI request.