Resubmitting a Cancelled Case
This section provides instructions on how to resubmit a cancelled case in SMDU.
A. Search for the loan by using the Fannie Mae 10-digit loan number.
B. If the loan search is successful you will be brought to the Loan Landing screen, which features the main actions banner and is comprised of a variety of sections, including the “Recent SMDU Evaluation History”.
C. To resubmit the case to Fannie Mae, you will first need to re-active the original Trial Structuring call. Identify the trial structuring call under the Recent SMDU Evaluation History section and select the “View” link.
D. If the correct trial terms are showing on the SMDU™ Trial Structuring Results page then select the “Activate Evaluation” link.
E. You will be returned to the Loan Landing screen and the functionality banner will be displayed across the top of the page.
F. Select the Record Trial Payments icon to re-submit the case to Fannie Mae’s Servicing Solution System.
G. The Record Trial Payment screen opens
- Enter the “Actual Payment Date” by entering the date (MM/DD/YYYY) or selecting the date by clicking on the calendar icon
- Enter the “Actual Payment Amount” received from borrower
- If applicable, either enter or update the “Servicer Contact Name”, the person responsible for working with Fannie Mae on modification
- If applicable, either enter or update the “Servicer Contact Email Address”, the person responsible for working with Fannie Mae on modification
- If applicable, either enter or update the “Servicer Contact Phone Number”
- If applicable, either enter or update the “Servicer Contact Phone Number Extension”
- If applicable, enter “Servicer’s General Comments”
H. Submit Payment to Fannie Mae: Once you have entered and reviewed all the data click the Record Payment button.
I. Case Submission will result in the one of the following:
1. Successful Case Creation: If the case submission is successfully submitted to Fannie Mae a “Payment Recorded” message will be returned and the case status will reflect “Trial”.
2. Unsuccessful Case Creation: If the case submission is not successfully submitted to Fannie Mae a validation error message highlighted in red will be returned at the top of the page. Review the message and take appropriate measures to clear the error.
Note: In the screenshot above the message indicates the “Actual Payment Amount” must be updated. Once to the data is corrected select the “Record Payment” button to resubmit the case request to Fannie Mae.
Note: A “Provisional Payment Period” in any payment recordation message refers to the “Trial Plan”. The SMDU UI uses “Trial” versus “Provisional Payment” when referencing the trial plan.
J. Record Subsequent Trial Payments if they have already been received.
K. If the final terms were calculated based off this structuring trial call prior to cancelling the case and no updates are needed, use the original SMDU Final Structuring Results page to close out the case. If updates are needed for any data submitted in the final call to SMDU then re-evaluate for a final by selecting the Evaluate for Final icon.