Yes; servicers are responsible for ensuring that the hardship reason(s) reported to SMDU via the SMDU UI is consistent with the hardship reason(s) contributing to the borrower's need for loss mitigation evaluation. You should report all hardships documented in the borrower's Uniform Borrower Assistance Form (Form 710). Additionally, you may report any other contributory hardships based on documented conversations or other documentation provided by the borrower.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log