Appeal a Completed Valuation
Follow the steps below to submit an appeal of a completed property valuation that did not support the termination of MI based on Original or Current Value (SMDU returned an Ineligible decision). A borrower may not appeal a property valuation that supports MI termination (SMDU returned an Eligible decision).
1. Click Valuation Icon and scroll down to the Upload Files section.
2. Click checkbox to attest that the file that is being uploaded does not contain any unnecessary nonpublic personal information (NPI), such as copies of checks and credit card numbers. This action must be taken for every uploaded file.
NOTE: This is to attest that the file that is being uploaded does not contain any unnecessary nonpublic personal information (NPI), such as copies of checks and credit card numbers. This action must be taken for every uploaded file.
NOTE: The Choose File button will not be enabled until after the attestation box is checked.
3. Click dropdown arrow and select Appeal Initiation Document.
4. Click Choose File to attach the applicable file (must be a PDF document).
NOTE: If there is additional supporting documentation, choose Appeal Supporting Document. from the dropdown menu and follow the upload steps noted above.
5. Click Appeal button.
NOTE: Once the Appeal has been received by Fannie Mae the Valuation Order Status will display Appealed.
Use the Messages section on the Valuation page to send a message while a loan is in Appealed status.
To send a message when a loan is in Appealed status follow the steps below:
- Enter message in the gray box at the bottom of the screen.
- NOTE: Messages are editable throughout the Appeal process.
- NOTE: This is also the place to review any Messages sent by Fannie Mae.
2. Click Send.
NOTE: Once the Appeal is completed SMDU will automatically evaluate the loan. The servicer should navigate to the “Evaluation” icon to view the SMDU results.