Borrower-initiated MI termination based on Current Value with substantial improvements is an option that allows a borrower to remove MI based on the substantial improvements versus using those funds to pay down the UPB to meet the applicable MI termination LTV threshold. A good reasonableness test is the dollar amount a borrower spends on substantial improvements should be commensurate with the additional dollar amount required to reduce the UPB to meet the required LTV ratio based upon the property value at origination.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log