Most servicers already use SMDU for workout decisioning and case reporting; however, as of September 1, 2019, servicers must use SMDU to evaluate borrower-initiated requests to terminate MI based on Original Value and/or Current Value as well as ordering the valuation. In order to do so, users must use the Fannie Mae MI Termination Specific Technology Manager Job Aid to garner access to the SMDU UI and the MI termination role as well as use the Fannie Mae Borrower-Initiated Request for Mortgage Insurance (MI) Termination Servicer User Guide. This Guide provides instructions on how to use the SMDU UI to conduct a variety of actions, such as evaluating a borrower-initiated request to terminate conventional mortgage insurance based on the Original value and/or Current Value, ordering a valuation, and appealing a valuation.
- Doing Business with Fannie Mae
- Escrow, Taxes, Assessments, and Insurance
- Mortgage Loan Payment Processing, Remitting, Accounting, and Reporting
- Providing Solutions to a Borrower
- Default-Related Legal Services, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Proceedings, and Acquired Properties
- Servicing Guide Procedures, Exhibits, Quick Reference Materials, and Change Control Log