When a servicer finds a vacant lot at initial and/or subsequent inspections or through another notification, the servicer is to utilize any necessary allowable(s) to maintain the lot and notify Fannie Mae's Property Preservation team via email at email@example.com.
When emailing the property preservation mailbox, the servicer must provide the following in HomeTracker, under the "Attachments" and/or "Case Notes" tab(s):
- List of ALL inspections completed including inspection completion date and occupancy status. The servicer is not required to attach actual inspection results.
- Date property was initially secured after vacancy (servicer gained access), if applicable.
- All initial secure photos to include property condition photos, if applicable.
- Legible copies of all code violations.
- Insurance documents (Explanation of Benefits (EOB), adjuster’s estimate, and/or denial letter) if applicable.
- Reason for vacant lot (i.e., structure relocated, demolished, etc.).
- If the property was demolished, include:
- Person or entity that demolished the property (i.e., borrower, city, etc.).
- Date of demolition. o Reason for demolition (i.e., fire, structural failure, condemnation, etc.).
- Legible copies of all demolition notices and/or code violations, if applicable.
- Details of any fines/fees/liens that have been assessed or are accumulating and at what frequency, if applicable.
For additional information please see: Property Preservation Matrix and Reference Guide, Section 8, Damaged Properties.