When the property has freeze damage and/or broken/missing pipes which are: unable to be capped; will cause further damage to the property if not corrected; or is necessary in order to make another repair to prevent damage to the property if not addressed, the servicer must ensure the following:
- Water is shut off at the curb and at the main interior
- All open water lines are capped as applicable
- Ensure property is winterized. Refer to Winterization / Re-winterization within Section 5: Initial Securing and Initial Services in this Property Preservation Guide for further guidance.
- File an insurance/proof of loss claim when damage is insurable.
- Complete any necessary work within allowable.
- Submit over allowable bids necessary to prevent further damage.
For additional information please see: Property Preservation Matrix and Reference Guide, Section 8, Damaged Properties/Disaster Impacted Properties.