- When providing exterior door replacement, ensure door fits properly and is adjusted and seals to prevent water from leaking in. There should be no gaps seen when service is complete.
- Replacement of the standard sized exterior door must be with a new exterior-rated door, either steel or wood door-rated materials. Use of interior-rated doors is strictly prohibited.
- Any new exterior door which also requires a new frame must be double bored for easy lockset and deadbolt installation.
- Each new exterior door with frame replaced must include deadbolt lock to increase security. Plated lock holes and hasp locks are not acceptable at any time. Locksets are required on all door replacements.
- Replacement of any exterior door to main dwelling or detached structure must also include installation of a door jamb and hinge protection product (Door Armor® MAX Combo). If there are other exterior doors which provide access to interior of the main dwelling but do not require repair or replacement, the servicer must install a door jamb protection product (Door Armor MINI Combo) on each of those doors as well.
- The Door Armor MAX Combo (door jamb and door hinge protection) and the Door Armor MINI Combo (door jamb protection) are the two approved products made by Armor Concepts®. All other material must be demonstrated in the field and approved by Fannie Mae prior to use.
- When replacement or repairs are made only to the door jamb, a door jamb protection product (Door Armor MINI Combo) must also be installed.
- This allowable is not to be used to replace missing screen or storm doors.
For additional information please see: Property Preservation Matrix and Reference Guide, Section 5, Initial Securing and Initial Services.