Fannie Mae requires the servicer to make available all date stamped, before, during, and after photos and/or videos of all work completed. Depending on type of service performed, Fannie Mae will require photos showing any debris being hauled away (removed from property). The photos must clearly show work was performed to verify all work was completed. In addition to the requirements found in this Property Preservation Guide, the servicer must adhere to the requirements as set forth in Servicing Guide A2-5-01: Ownership and Retention of Individual Mortgage Loan Files and Records.
In addition to the servicer's own photo requirements, Fannie Mae requires the following:
- Date-stamped photos
- Photos must remain clear at dimensions of 3.5X5 inches
- Photos must be in color
- Bid photos should be no older than 30 days from the date the bid is submitted
- Before, during and after photos should be taken from the same perspective and angle to show progression of work
- Only submit photos associated with the service requested
- Limit duplicate photos when possible
- Front, rear and side views should be taken from a distance far enough away that the entire view of the property can be seen
- Do not submit photos sideways or upside down
- If providing a link to photos, the link must directly take the reviewer (no log in required) to the photos of the selected service only.
Note: It is recommended to limit photos to only four per page. All photos/videos provided must meet Fannie Mae system of record requirements.
For additional information please see: Property Preservation Matrix and Reference Guide, Section 2, Technology and Photos