Exhibit 6, Mapping Fannie Mae Investor Reporting System Records to EDI Investor Reporting Trans Set 203
Fannie Mae also accepts the ANSI x12 EDI format, transaction set 203, Secondary Mortgage Market Investor Report for reporting of loan activity. The transaction set 203 consists of the following:
- EDI Segment - identifies the transaction segment which includes a two or three digit code assigned to identify the segment and the name of the segment.
- EDI Position - specifies the order in which the segment appears in the transaction set.
- EDI Reference - indicates the segment and position.
- EDI Data Element and Description - indicates the data element name and what it is.
- EDI Requirement Designation - indicates if the field and/or segment is mandatory Value - indicates mandatory value(s).
For more information see Investor Reporting Manual Chapter 5, Formulas and Calculations.