Converting a Delinquent Reporting File for Bulk Submission in AMN
Below are instructions to convert an Excel file to text format to perform bulk upload to report delinquent loans to Fannie Mae using AMN.
For more information on your Delinquency Reporting Responsibilities see section F-1-22: Reporting a Delinquent Mortgage Loan via Fannie Mae’s Servicing Solutions System (02/12/2020) in the Servicing Guide.
- The Excel spreadsheet should be in the below format.
NOTE: The order of the column should not be changed (as per the current design)
NOTE: The first 4 columns are mandatory (Servicer Number, Loan Number, Status Code, Reason Code)
NOTE: The data in the remaining columns is optional. However, if no data is available for those columns in order for the system to treat it as null/empty blank spaces need to be inserted in the cell. (The Number of blank spaces should match the length of the field specified in job aid – screen shot also shows the currently defined lengths for each of those fields.)
NOTE: The Total Length of all of the columns should be 80.
2. Once all of the data is entered, save the document as shown below.
- Select File > “Save As”
- Browse to the location the file will be saved.
3. Select the “Save as type” of CSV (Comma delimitted) (*.csv)
NOTE: The name could be a little different based on Excel version being user.
4. Name and save the file.
5. Click “Yes” if the message below pops up.
NOTE: Close the file and click “Don’t Save” on the below Pop up.
6. Browse to the saved location and change the file type to .txt by removing “csv” and adding “txt” at the end. The file will be renamed shown below.
7. Open the renamed file (This will generally open in notepad or any other text file editor.)
8. Delete the header rows highlighted below.
NOTE: The header row can also be deleted from excel file before it’s saved as .csv)
9. Press Ctrl + H (Find and Replace functionality) and replace all commas (,) with a space. Click the “Replace All” button and save the file.
10. Save the changes. The file is now ready to be uploaded.
11. To verify that the file is in the correct format, highlight the text fields from left to right and confirm where the highlight ends is cut off at 81.